12/06/2012

Lee Joon Gi ( Lee Jun Ki ) for Toyota style (COVER STORY)

Posted by Unknown at 21:40
here are some pictures that i've got from toyota style...
manly look of Lee Joon Gi..not a flower boy anymore hehehe






He is probably drinking coffee at a cafĂ© in Zurich or Bern as he’s inhaling -1˚ C of oxygen or walking slowly on Eiger Walk in Junfrau as looking out to the foothill of the Alps right now. Right after the interview he took off for Switzerland saying that he’d be back after cooling down a little. 

How long has it been since wrapping up of 20 installments of drama series that were like the final battle which he has to pour every bit of himself in?!

He has left for work again. Although it has been only a month after the drama ended, he focused on his work like a surgeon in his operation room. Aiming at the January release, he was working on the new album day and night. Also, he took part in programming his global fan meetings from Korean to Japan, China, Thailand, Malaysia and Taiwan and would hold marathon meetings with the relevant people.

When Lee Joongi stepped into the studio, I was listening to the schedule manager about his worries about how hard “a certain guy” abused himself the previous night. However, Lee looked lively like a mobile phone that was switched on with the full charge battery just now.

Even before I finished my question why he is rushing himself while he could take it slow and have some rest, he answered.

“I am a bit different. Long breaks are rather cumbersome for me. I take a full relaxation for about ten days after a work is done. You take breaks in every opening no matter how busy you are. I will be going to Switzerland soon, As we work, I will have meals with staffers and enjoy chit chatting over a chilled beer at dinner. Those things feel like a real break to me.”

Some actors get sick when one work is finished. With depressive endings, the sickness is worse. To our surprise, the last installment of Arang and the magistrate felt somewhat heavy to be considered as happy ending. It can not be an easy process to part with his character the he was immersed in. However, he turns the situation around by going out to look for the next project or making himself busy.

“I can’t escape from the sense of emptiness to be separated with the previous character but I don’t want to be buried in it. I try to recover myself by finding the next project as soon as possible before I sink deeper. I feel refreshed and filled as I get naturally purified if I drive myself into a busy daily life.

Successful comeback. The faith “As expected, Lee Joongi”

Although Lee Joon gi’s fans, well known for high approval ratings for him, are giving feverish supports, it is a fact that there were conflicting views on Arang and the magistrate. Nonetheless, the fruit of it is obvious. Going through the issues of enlistment and discharge, 20s and 30s, modern set drama and historical drama, A&M was critical as the turning point and it drew out the precious results that he earned the trust “As expected, absolutely Lee Joongi” and that it publicly announced his successful comeback. His return from fifteen day scheduled trip to Switzerland means that two presents for his fans are almost ready. The first present is his photo book that is being prepared for its release in the early next year. The purpose of the first trip after 2year and 6months counting from the previous night of his enlistment is to have a time for recharge and to record his present days in his thirties thoroughly. In company with it, the new album release will be the second present for his fans. It contains some experimental pieces in electronic genre and romantic ones and medium tempo songs are included as well.

“For a long time, I’ve wanted to do experimental music. Now that the song writer Kim Seok-joong who had participated in Seo Taeji’s album joined, you can look forward to it.”

Of the words the fans use to indicate him, there’s this expression “Trust-and-Watch-Actor” (Note: meaning audience/viewers have faith in him when choosing a drama to watch). The discerning eye in selecting good piece. It might be the ability almost like a blessing to a person with a career in acting.

“ When I first get the script, it has to make me wonder about the next scene more and more as I keep on reading. When I meet such script, I get engrossed in it. And if I feel more challenging or experimental in the project or, if I think I can create a new character with it even if it’s difficult, I tend to be inclined to it."

Lee Joongi ini his twenties was like a racing horse which is looking only forward. In that sense, military service could have been an turning point that allowed him to change half willingly and half forcibly. Those two years let him put everything aside and only think. Only to talk on the consequences, he believes that the absence was beneficial in many ways.

Turned 30, at present, what kind of actor does he want to be? ‘Thirties of age for an actor’ in his mind is the time that he can ease down his breaths at times and reflect deep inside, taking adequate time.

“I don’t have regrets but I look back wondering if I had too many thoughts in my twenties and if I restricted myself in a mold. I have become much more comfortable nowadays. I think to myself that there will be a variety of emotions, opportunities, and future and I won’t build walls against such things in advance. Whether I am working at the site or I am preparing for the next challenge, everything I do now is fun. I love these feelings that I have now.” 

New challenge. The possibility of “As expected, Lee Joongi”

He’s been saying it million times already here and there but he repeated it again that he wants rather to be an actor who is acknowledged with his performance (though, he does act well) than to be a successful star (although he is successful already). He wants to stand as the dignified actor to the last minute in front of his supporting fans and he wants to get reviews that people saw Lee Joongi’s new possibility every time he did a work. 

Would I be stretching things too much if I would say that I feel the rookie’s passion and mindset of novice from him who says that he is ready to be reborn through a new project?

No matter how I put it, he seems to hold fast to flaring up rather than to be cool-headed with almost ten years of experience. A story comes to mind that if one wants to have a long run, he should not reach the climax. It might mean that it might be better to make up and settle with the reality and continue with proper contentment than to experience the climax and then walk the downhill. However, an actor’s life doesn’t have to be regarded in such patterns. More so if it’s Lee Joon gi. The actor is the image of exploding energy and heat. He will keep on drawing a graph with many peaks. What he needs is only mixing in some commas in daily life just like flying off to Switzerland. He already has plenty of burning passion. Thus, what his fans have is not the fear that his passion might cool down but the fear that he gets so hot that he might explode because they already believe him passionately.

(translation by Elly)

Editor- Lee, Yooncheol
Photographer- Tak, Younghan
Stylist- Heo, Eunjoo
Hair- Namsoon
Makeup- Shin, Seong-eun.

Toyota Style December 

Credit : JG Family





0 comments:

Post a Comment

"At times our own light goes out and is rekindled by a spark from another person. Each of us has cause to think with deep gratitude of those who have lighted the flame within us".
~ A lbert Schweitzer ~
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Bismillah Template by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Gadget Review