1/03/2013

Lee Joon Gi Interview (English Translation) - AB-ROAD(January)

Posted by Unknown at 23:04

- What made you take this trip to Switzerland?

Before welcoming the new year and before I start a new project, I thought I needed a break. And I wanted to share the time of my break with the fans who have made Lee Joongi so far. I believed that both would be possible, with the photo book shot in Switzerland which has bountiful nature.

- How does it feel to be in Switzerland?

This is my first trip to Switzerland. It has been better than my expectations I had had about the country. I am getting consolation and rest from the heaven blessed nature and the people who live in harmony in it.

- What was your first thought when you arrived at Switzerland on day1?

I met the country as I was in a bit disorganized state because I arrived late at night. The next day morning, the refreshing nature and the cool air accompanied me throughout my schedules. Without realizing, I kept saying “wow”.



- What did you prepare for the trip yourself?

As most people do these days, my hand gets to the internet first. I read the information on the pertinent area thoroughly.

- How much your opinion was reflected in the itinerary?

I couldn’t decide the itinerary only with my own opinion because we had a task of photo shooting. We share the purpose of the journey and only after that we could finalize the itinerary.

- As you are travelling, it is natural that you compare things with the ones in Korea

The biggest difference would be the leisurely attitude in life. Swiss people have comfortable smiles in their faces. However, it’s also true that I miss Korea and Koreans who live passionately. For those tourists who want some excitement, especially, Korea would be a quite attractive place to travel. No other city is as dynamic as Seoul, I think.

- Do you sleep well in a plane/a train or in a unfamiliar hotel room?

In fact, I can sleep none of those places. It could be because of insecurity or unfamiliarity but excitement could be the biggest reason. Physically, I don’t have any problems so far but I try to take good sleep as much as possible, for fear that this problem has bad influence on my health some day.

- Do you like to travel?

Of course. I find myself growing through travel. However, I like work more now. If it’s a work travel, I am ready to pack again anytime.

- Traveling through lots of cities in a short time, you’ve moved to different hotels many times and have ridden a train. Have you had any difficulties?

It seems to be taking some time to get used to the height of Switzerland. Somehow, I got used to it right away but accompanying staffers were having lots of hard time in the high places. Nevertheless, they all say that the Swiss trip was the most memorable and fun overseas schedule they ever had with me together.

_ When was the most impressive night at a hotel?

In Saint Moritz, I wandered around the hotel at about 8 pm because my first day schedule was finished a bit early. There weren’t any people in the street. I walked happily about and took pictures and then walked again as if I owned the whole village. It was the moment of Freedom I haven’t felt for a long time.

- Starting from 쿠어, 생모리츠 which are not familiar to us to quite familiar place 루체른, we are travelling all over Switzerland experiencing various nature and culture. Of them, what was the most impressive local area or culture?

It was 생모리츠 where wealthy people in Europe come to that had a unique feeling. More than the luxury of the city, I liked the people who did not go against but embraced the rough natural environment and l could see their wisdom to become as one with their nature. Especially, the majesty of the nature coming from the Alps was just overwhelming.

- You said that you will release a photo book for the first time that’s to communicate with your fans.

I heard that the first image that comes to mind thinking of Lee Joongi was “Passionate and Fierce”. I wanted to show more comfortable and natural myself through this pictorial.

- Through the pictorial, you are planning to portray your inside and various episodes. It is likely that people get more open and honest on a travel site. Can you reveal one side of true yourself that the public doesn’t know?

Under any circumstances, I usually show myself frankly to the people around me. Only then, I believe, people can have fun and connect together. When I need to be serious, then I am serious, When I have to live and wild, then I get live and wild … they say I don’t have medium(laugh). Thus, sometimes, people are surprised but also they say they get addicted to my character. So, I don’t think it is too bad. It could be unexpected but I am sensitive at etiquette or manners so I mind my behaviors and expect the same from others too.

- They say a new album is coming out too.

Because I am not a singer, this talk makes me shy. (laugh). Other than movies and drama works, I have lots of things to share and feel empathy with my fans so I’ve been challenging it. Just, it’s not to work as a singer but to put on the stage to make good memories with my fans only.

- I look forward to your performance as a singer too. However, isn’t Lee Joongi an actor? Shouldn’t you express your goal as an actor as well?

I have a long way to go as an actor and I have so many things to learn and skills to hone. I want to present deep emotions with good piece in Korea in 2013. Also I want to convey my appreciation to the people who acknowledge and love our culture by exerting my effort for overseas activities. Furthermore, now that Korean culture is being recognized, I would like to help with the cultural exchange between countries with more modest and right mind as a cultural diplomat.

- Do you have any getaway exit while you run busy daily life in Seoul?

It may sound weird but my workplace, work site is my best getaway. I love the site where lots of people are doing variety of things and I can watch, feel and enjoy in it. Where there is my work, people and love I love my work site.

- You are thirty. It is time that you think hard and try to shape yourself into more mature actor.

A man at thirty. I think it’s time to start. I want to enjoy my life calmly and interact with other people more actively. Acting is expressing people. Sometimes, I feel bad because it feels like I don’t exist in the people.

- Is there any place you want to visit again?

I’ve traveled the east side of Switzerland in short schedule. So, if I get a chance to come back, I’d like to travel the west side. I heard more people who can enjoy life live there.

- You haven’t had decent rest because of the work after discharge. What kind of meaning does this Swiss trip has to your busy life?

I don’t think work is always hard and tiring. The spare time while working is more delicious. Although the Swiss schedule was short, it had more good memories. From time to time, I had moments to think about myself and the people around me. And I could remind my direction to proceed. The weather was cold but the time was warm and meaningful.

- It is said that travel can show the more only to those who put things down. What did you feel through this Swiss trip?

The relaxed mind that can be content with what I have in life, the confidence that can enjoy life, and gratitude to even a small thing, the modest to put myself down, I had variety of feelings through the journey. Of course emotionally I was happy, pleasant and warm as well. It definitely have become the time of recharge with 2013 coming ahead. I’d like to transfer good energy and feelings to many people.

- Suppose you are an honorary ambassador for Swiss promotion, how would you introduce Switzerland to readers?

The beautiful nature and the Swiss people who coexist with it will give the readers with the hustle and bustle of life some relaxation and happiness. Most of all, the combination of the wonderful tradition and modern sense is the attractive point of the city.

(Translation by Elly)

Source: 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

"At times our own light goes out and is rekindled by a spark from another person. Each of us has cause to think with deep gratitude of those who have lighted the flame within us".
~ A lbert Schweitzer ~
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Bismillah Template by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Gadget Review